this is my me, being, me.

this is my me, being, me.
boo!

Saturday, March 22, 2014

weight loss...

i was scrolling on Facebook and a "Women's Life & Health" ad popped up.


NEW YEAR SPECIAL: FREE for FACEBOOK USERS. Lose Up To 18 lbs This Month with This Trick That Celebs Use! 

was the title...
it's not a trick. it's not even diet tips or exercise tips.

ITS A FREAKIN' PILL.

and two things pop up in my mind:
1) I've heard so many bad things about diet pills, after taking them everyday for however long, and then when you stop taking them, you gain all that weight back that you lost. because the pills don't teach you to go to the gym and workout for thirty minutes for at least three times a week. and it also doesn't teach you how to eat in moderation. because while on the pill, it doesn't mention anything about changing your eating habits. 

2) I actually don't want to look like a starved thin celebrity, that looks like she hasn't eaten in days. I just want to be healthy, not extremely thin. What is it about our society saying that we all need to be a size 2 to be beautiful?!?! Cause seriously, its starting to make me mad. I am not a size 2, that is for sure. 

I recently gave blood and when the nurses told me that I am perfectly healthy, it made me smile. They didn't tell me that I needed to lose a few pounds to be pretty or worthy. They told me that everything was where it was supposed to be. 
I am not fat, I am not overweight, I am not obese. 

I am happy, not a size. Yeah, sure, when I go shopping for jeans, I look for a certain size. But that size, DOES NOT DEFINE ME. I define me. I really wish society wasn't so caught up in what they think is beautiful, pretty, gorgeous... I think what is on the inside is what defines our beauty, the way we love a certain hobby. Like mine, photography. Or drawing, painting, whatever you love doing. The smile. 
There are so many things that make us ladies beautiful. Instead of focusing on the things we hate about ourselves, lets focus on what we love. Cause the positive things in life usually end up on top and the little things are usually the things that we love most. 

"the princess, daughter of the king, is very beautiful, all glorious within. Her gown is woven with gold." Psalms 45:13


--the girl with the bird tattoo.