I always go overboard,
I'm always the girl that
Puts all in the effort.
I try too hard,
I get hurt easily.
I have high standards,
Its a vicious cycle.
It never ends,
Why do I feel like
I screwed up again?
I seriously need help.
I always am attracted
To the guys who don't
Give me the time of day.
But I drop everything
I'm doing just to talk to them.
When they couldn't care less
About me.
You can try and tell me
That I have twisted views,
But I'm not criticizing your views.
I trust so easily
And then I'm shocked
When they break my heart.
Why can't I be perfect?
I ask God.
Why was I made this complicated mess?
I'm so happy one minute
And then the next I'm crying
Myself to sleep at night.
Can there please be
A happy medium?
I just want to be myself again.
Who am I?
I'm back to square one,
Where I first started.
Back at the starting line,
Redo. Is that even possible?
I feel like something
Just isn't right in my heart.
Am I crazy?
Well, I must be.
Please tell me that
I'm not alone in this battle.
I need a friend, to tell me
That everything is going to be okay.
Everything is going to be okay,
Right?
Where has my faith in God gone?
I would like it back please.
That's all I want,
For things to be normal again.
--the girl with the bird tattoo.
