this is my me, being, me.

this is my me, being, me.
boo!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

it all started with a bad day at work...

Have you ever walked in a room and the conversation that people are having, come to a screeching holt? If you're answer is yes, then you aren't alone. This happened to me today, and yesterday. And it will probably happen again tomorrow.

I work in an office setting, and when you do, there are going to be people that just don't like you. My mom has to deal with it, and now I have to deal with it. What sucks is that when you go to try to make friends at work and they just aren't interested in being your friend, let alone being friendly to you. Cause you know, that would be breaking the code of being a nice person.

It wasn't until today that i realized that not everyone is going to like you. They are probably going to say things that will hurt your feelings. They are probably going to step on your toes and not care what you think of them. But they aren't going to lie to you. If they think you are out of line, they will have no problem telling you.

This happened to me for the first time. Someone told me that I was in the wrong at work. And they weren't nice about it either. But i have to get over it. This isnt the third grade, where people talk about you in the bathroom while they are on break. They just wont even acknowledge you at all. And that is what really hurts the most.

I tried talking to this person, wouldn't have it. Tried joining in on the conversation, they wouldn't even look at me. So its going to be like that. I mean, the least you could do is fake it and act like you like me somewhat. You don't need to be a complete bitch.

But its time for me to grow some thicker skin. Its time for me to not to tear up every time someone says something to me and I didn't like what they had to say. Its time for me to grow up. I know that people like me, I have no doubt that some people in this office like me. But why do I care so much about this one person? I don't even like this person. They are rude, condescending, and a bully. So why bother trying to get them to like me?

I know what you're thinking, get over yourself, Ali. I'm thinking the same thing. But the next time this person says something to me, I'll be ready. I will say something back. This person isn't my boss. Not even my boss's boss. So this person has no power over me. She can't fire me, and she has no power in that department over me. We aren't even in the same department.

So the next time this one person thinks I'm out of line, I will say if you have a problem with me, take it up with this person. Because you are not my problem.

It wont make things better, but I won't be crying in my office because I didn't like what they had to say. Why worry and over think things that aren't even in my control?

I have been there, sitting in the break room, sitting at a different table but feeling on a different planet. You're not alone. You may be right now, but you are never forgotten about.

Here are some words of encouragement for you.

"But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength" 2 Timothy 4:17

--the girl with the bird tattoo.