college grad. jesus follower. caffeine addict. cat lover. sims addict. funny face maker. bad dancer. human. girl. woman. daughter. sister. friend. white cracker. blogger. read how i blog about nothing in general.
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
#IceBucketChallenge
I have seen more and more of the celebrities doing the #IceBucketChallenge, and there are some good things, and there are some bad things. #ALSAssociation has been talked about more in the past couple days than in years. That's great, but, they have only raised $15 Million. And for those of you that say, "That's a good amount of money!" It would be, if we had a bunch of "middle class" people raising the money. But, no. It's a bunch of A-list Celebrities donating. Like, Jimmy Fallon, Selena Gomez, Reba, and much more. You would think that the most paid actors in this wonderful country would give more than just $5,000 when they earn $500k per episode or whatever.
I think it's awesome that we have so many people doing it for a good cause, but the stars have made it into something more than just pouring a bucket of ice over their heads. They never mention where you can go to donate money to the cause. And that's the most important part. Not dumping ice on yourself. I challenge the actors to give more. Because the people who are fighting with this disease, need it. If I were them, and I earned more than I ever will in my lifetime, I would give more than what's needed.
I know I say that because I will never earn that much but I'm being serious. I know what its like to struggle, to have ramen noodles for dinner, to look at your budget and cry, to consider cutting off your phone so you can pay your bills. I know some of the stars weren't always rolling in cash, so that's why I'm saying that they need to donate more. If they knew what it was like to struggle, they should know the costs of medical bills and not having insurance because it's expensive. This is always one thing that has bugged me about Hollywood, how the stars in Hollywood can afford million dollar homes and everything that comes with hollywood. i hope i'm not alone in this.
And no, I do not hate the stars, they just anger me sometimes. so lastly, i encourage and challenge the stars to do more than just pour a cold bucket of ice on themselves. Do more than just tag their famous besties and do more than complain about extremely cold the ice is. it's ice. of course its cold.
i know i'm not alone.
http://www.alsa.org/donate/
go to the above website to donate. Pete Franks thanks all who donates.
--the girl with the bird tattoo.



