Have you ever read a really good book, where you thought you were living it? Well, that was totally me last night. After I was finished reading it (yeah, I finished it all in one day) I just sat there for ten minutes, shocked at the ending. Which book was I reading? The Lying Game Book #6, Seven Minutes In Heaven. If you haven't read the series, I highly recommend it. Very well written and I absolutely loved it! Also, if you haven't watched the TV series on ABC Family, don't watch the series and then read the books, the TV series doesn't follow the books, AT ALL. So if you want to read the books, stop right here and exit, because here come some serious spoiler alerts!
***SPOILER ALERT***SPOILER ALERT***SPOILER ALERT***
I read the first book way before the TV series started and I just fell in love with the books and the characters. The author really makes you love Emma and Ethan. But then at the end, she rips your heart out. Poor Emma. Seriously, no sarcasm there, Poor Emma. The author without a doubt, never makes you suspect Ethan as Sutton's killer. How he sick, like the killers on Criminal Minds. A personality disorder, who knew? Well, not me.
Shepard (the author) makes you fall in love with Ethan, just as Emma fell in love with Ethan. And then breaks your heart as Emma finds the information that Nisha had for Emma that was so urgent, that Ethan had a past, a criminal past. The file had a lot of bad things about his past and his anger issues. He had killed before, saying that if the little girl wouldn't love him, she couldn't love anybody. Talk about creepy!! And he said the same thing with Sutton years later. So nothing really changed with Ethan. He was never got over it. And I desperately didn't want to believe it either. Ethan seemed so perfect, too perfect. And if you think about it, it makes sense. The letters that she got from the murderer, didn't threaten Ethan's life at all, the murderer wasn't upset that Emma was telling Ethan everything, even that she wasn't Sutton. There was so much stuff that Emma told Ethan and the murderer wasn't even upset about it, and now it makes sense. Because Ethan was the one behind it the whole time. And there was so much that Ethan knew but Emma didn't tell him. And Emma never noticed how much he wasn't around, he was late showing up to dinner at the Mercer's because he was busy killing Nisha. He was the one that put all the notes on her car because he was with her the whole time and he could have put it on there when she wasn't looking. Oh my, I could just imagine all this happening in my head. I hope I'm not the only one that is shocked by the ending. And the Mercer's finally accept Emma in as family. When they slammed the door in her face, it broke my heart and it made me wanna scream: "She's innocent!!!" But they wouldn't hear me, because its just a book. And its so good. Am I the only one that has read the series and thought the same about the ending?? I hope not.
Well, I hope your Friday is awesome!
--the girl with the bird tattoo