college grad. jesus follower. caffeine addict. cat lover. sims addict. funny face maker. bad dancer. human. girl. woman. daughter. sister. friend. white cracker. blogger. read how i blog about nothing in general.
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
17 Truths
One of my good friends from High School posted a thing called "17 Truths" and I thought I would do one on here. She didn't tag me so I just tagged myself.
1. My real name is actually Alanna but everyone just calls me Ali. I know this is going to sound weird but I think Alanna looks pretty when used on paper and signed but I like it when people call me Ali. It's not that I don't like my name, I've just been called Ali ever since I was a little girl.
2. I suck at relationships. I have never had a boyfriend longer than a couple weeks. I never text people. I rarely ever call people either. I used to have a lot of self conscious problems so I stayed away from boys all of college. This is something I am still trying to work on. I didn't actually date at all in college. Apparently that is the perfect time to date. My luck.
3. I am a Christian. I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins and rose again three days later. I believe that by grace alone, I am saved. I don't like shoving my beliefs down people's throats, so I don't talk about my faith a lot. I just try to love everybody unconditionally. I fail at it everyday. I try to show God's love through my actions and not my words by quoting the Bible.
4. I don't get offended when people don't believe the same things I do. Even though I used to when I was young but not so much anymore. It's okay that you don't believe in the Bible. I still want to be your friend and love you the same.
5. I love to dance and have a good time. I like listening to Taylor Swift's new album and dancing around in my kitchen. I've even thought about trying out for the Rockettes. I know they would nicely reject me. I'm okay with that.
6. I love my cat. Even though she loathes me. Especially when I bug her all the time. Maybe thats why she doesn't like me. Oh well. If I had to choose between cats or dogs, I think I would go through some major mental issues. I seriously just love both.
7. I graduated from college in May. I wouldn't call that my greatest accomplishment but that is the best I've got. So far.
8. I got my first car in July I believe. And then a week later I totaled it. That has been one of the biggest set backs of my life. I still struggle not knowing why that happened. I know it happened for a reason, I just don't know why. Maybe I'll know one day. Who knows. All I know that I'm a walking miracle. The lady that hit me, hit me inches from the front driver seat. My back seat is no longer exisiting. To give you a mental picture if she would have been going any faster/slower. I call it a blessing. I didn't at first though.
9. Photography has always been apart of my life since I could remember. I always remember hanging out at my dad's studio as a kid with my brother. Learning about what my dad did for a living. I thought it was really cool. I still do. I think its funny he comes to me for ideas sometimes.
10. I'm not really close to any of my family members, I grew up not knowing them. My aunts, uncles, cousins. I grew up in Georgia while they were all in the Illinois area. But i am really close with my brother. Its like my best friend, no. Actually is he my best friend. But we used to fight all the time. I usually started the fight too. I'm still not close with my aunts and uncles though. I wish I was.
11. As a kid, I always wanted to be a figure skater. I don't know why. I think it's because of their pretty outfits. Now, I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.
12. I was a cheerleader once. I hated every minute of it. I did it for a friend and felt bad if I quit. So I didn't quit. So in my head, I made fun of them all. Majority of them were the stereotypical cheerleader.
(ノ^o^)ノ
13. I have never been in love. I know that sounds weird coming from a 22 year old. I find that normal about myself.
14. I have four tattoos. I plan on getting another one soon. Who knows what it will be of or where it will be. I really want a feather tattoo, but I also want an anchor on my back. ⚓
15. When I was a little girl I thought I looked just like one of the Olsen twins. I was an imaginative one. I was also obbesssd with the Olsen twins and owned pretty much all of their movies.
I could have totally been a distant cousin.
16. I have had at least five dreams where I met Lucy Hale and we were friends in the dream. She asked me for advice. Best. Dream. Ever.
17. I still listen to Britney Spears. And I'm not ashamed of that either. I know all of the words to the song "Stronger". I used to dance to it as a kid.
I'm pretty sure I could come up with so much more interesting facts about myself but that is all I have for now. I'm not going to tag anyone because I just did this randomly. Feel free to steal this and make up your own.
--the girl with the bird tattoo.
