this is my me, being, me.

this is my me, being, me.
boo!

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Dear Taylor Swift,

       
I thought I would put a picture where you see the lady evolving, from "Tear Drops On My Guitar" to "1989". You can see that she gradually changes. Madonna did it, why not TSwift. 
         First things first, I have never really been a fan of you. For many reasons, but we'll get into that later. I love your new album though. Even my Dad thought it was out of character for me to be buying your new album, 1989. Me too. I had to rethink and reevaluate my actions after I bought it. But this is not what this letter is about. You removed your music from all online streaming sites. I understand, it doesn't make you much money, but let's go into the prices to see your show, I'm sure they are more than I can imagine. You sold over a million albums within the first week of the album coming out. So I don't think you need to be worrying about not making money. I think what you did was wrong, for a couple reasons. As a poor, post-college, minimum wage making person, I thought it was childish of you to remove the album. Other artists that I listen to on Spotify, if I like their music enough, I'll either buy the song or album. How can someone listen to your music and see if they like it if they can't listen to it? I think you are already making millions as it is, so the fact that you are complaining that Spotify is ruining the music industry, I think you should do your research before you make such outrageous statements. They give back majority of their profits back to the artists. How much do you give back to charity? How much do you use to give to others, unconditionally without expecting anything in return? When was the last time you did something for someone that can't afford to go to your concerts, unselfishly, I might add. Without expecting someone to take a picture, to prove that you're actually a nice person, with a heart.
     With all of that said, I bought your album. Because I liked Blank Space(it's my favorite so far). You would think that because you bought it, you can listen to it? Nope. If you are a Android user, and you use Google Play Music, once you buy the album, you can't download it or listen to it on Play Music. Because you pulled the album. All except for "Shake It Off". What makes me so upset, is that you wanted people to buy your album. You got what you wanted, you got my hard earned money. Okay, now I want the album in my gallery. How hard is that to do?

      I won't be the last person to ask you to put your music back online, but it is worth the try. Because online streaming isn't that bad. Spotify is free, when using your laptop. Spotify only lets you do certain things when are using it through your mobile phone. So I can't download the playlists until I subscribe to a premium account, that costs me roughly around $9 a month. But I already have an account with Google Play Music, that costs me the same each month ($9.99 a month, those of you that are wondering how much it costs), I can download playlists, songs, but I can't put it on my phone without buying the music. So you can't steal the music. So I'm pro-online streaming. Since you got what you wanted from me TSwift, I want what I paid for. Your music. All $12 worth.

I remember you complaining that only a certain amount of online streaming is about the worth of minimum wage. But you aren't living on minimum wage. You don't work at a company from 9-5 every day, you aren't on your feet everyday. Doing whatever you would be doing. I felt very angry/bitter when you complained about this whole deal. You don't struggle to make ends meet. I hope I'm not alone with this feeling, because most of my friends either get paid minimum wage or around that wage. So when a big money maker complains about not getting a but-load worth of money, I think we have a good reason to be angry with you. Because you have sold out concerts, you make millions with people buying the albums, you make more when you are on TV commercials. So stop complaining. I don't wanna hear about it. I'm sorry that you're worried about people not buying your album. But weren't you the first person to sell over a billion albums in the first week of your album coming out? So I don't think you should be worried about not selling albums and breaking records, because you have already done that. Been there and done that.


Yours truly,


The Girl With The Bird Tattoo


P.S. I am glad you are finally calling yourself a pop singer, because you haven't been country in a long time.